Powered by Blogger.

FAVOURITES : Real Techniques - Make up Brushes



Real Techniques is a great brand for quality brushes at a fraction of the price other higher end brushes would cost. These super soft synthetic bristle brushes that Sam & Nic Chapman (you may know them as Pixiwoo on YouTube) have designed are a great long lasting investment that will make a huge difference to your make up regime - and are 100% cruelty free! Although I love all the brushes, here are some of my must haves from their collection and how I like to use them:

  • BUFFING BRUSH: Generally for liquid foundation. I dab my brush into the foundation taking small amounts, dot all over the face and then buff it in and build up coverage as desired. This brush is the perfect size enabling you to quickly cover a large surface area whilst also getting into those smaller areas. Dissimilar from the expert face brush which has shorter, compact fibres that is better used to pick up more product for a thicker/heavier coverage, the buffing brush has longer fibres. This means you can control what kind of coverage you want depending on the amount of product you pick up and have the option of starting light, therefore making it versatile. The only downside to this is that it's only available in the 'Core Collection Set' and you can't buy it individually! RP: £11.89

  • SETTING BRUSH: For contouring. This is the perfect all rounder brush for powders - highlights/bronzers/blushers/contour powders, whatever you fancy. Also great for setting concealer with powder under the eyes. It picks up just the right amount of product so it's buildable and blendable! Perfect size. Dense but fluffy with a point and small enough to carve out the face! RP: £5.28

  • MIRACLE COMPLEXION SPONGE: A beauty blender dupe for more than half the price ;). It's great because not only is it rounded/pointed at the end to get into the corners, but it has a flat edge that works great to smooth out any lines and crease marks especially under the eyes (my fave part of the product), with a patting motion. I use it damp, with Mac's Studio Fix Fluid to help me create perfectly flawless skin, that airbrushed look! RP: £3.96

  • SILICONE LINER BRUSH: This little handy tool is underrated in my opinion! I use this on clients and myself and it pairs perfectly with any gel eyeliner (I like Collection 2000's Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner in the shade Black, it glides on like butter!). The silicone nib helps you stick to your desired shape and thickness as it is flexible and tapered which gives you much better control and precision unlike any other fibre brush. It's so fine that you can go from natural-dramatic - the control is in your hands. Definitely my favourite find of last year. RP: £3.96


You can pick up these brushes on their website (available internationally) http://www.realtechniques.com/shop-collection (for cheaper) or at your local Boots store. 

These are my faves, what brushes do you love? 



Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete